Les laboratoires en Ukraine, …    by Observateur… 6 Jun 2022, 16:21
Ukraine - Points faibles des …    by Aristide ba… 1 Jun 2022, 10:42
Mali: Comment Macron fera chu…    by Aristide ba… 30 May 2022, 10:09
Le sénateur Français Christia…    by Aristide ba… 17 May 2022, 8:04
Morceau choisi: Frantz Fanon    by sam kehi,le… 28 Apr 2022, 18:29
Racisme en Ukraine : les blan…    by Observateur… 2 Apr 2022, 14:20
... autres recents topics

KMT: in the house of life - Ayi Kwei Armah

Discussions sur la religion et la spiritualité. (Acces sur demande par mp.)
Hwenusu
Veteran
Veteran
Re:KMT: in the house of life - Ayi Kwei Armah

Message par Hwenusu » mars 11, 17 12:37 am

" "It is time," the interpreter said, giving us Djiely's meaning, "to end deceit. I shall begin with what I have to say that is important. After that if I have time, and breath, I'll be ready for explanations.
"Yesterday I was tempted, several times, to interrupt the proceedings when I heard some of our guest here say there was no formal system of education for historians in Africa. I am glad someone wiser and calmer than I restrained me, because now I have heard all that the others had to say, and I speak the truth I know, and not be interrupted.

"I know about the education of traditionalists, whom we call here djielis, because I have not simply gone through it - it has been the center of my life.
"The education of djielis, traditional historians, is along and complex affair. It lasts long because of the quantity and quality of the material to be studied: the entirety of a people's history. The complexity, as for that, comes from a painful necessity, that of learning the truth but at the same time undertaking never to utter if fully in public, all the while repeating, on every public occasion, that we are sworn to a profession of truth. If truth it is, it is avery complicated truth we carry.

"We traditionalists are djielis because of what we are, or should I say, because of what we could be, Djieli in our language is blood, and blood is what we are supposed to be like in our behavior. Blood it is that takes breath of life from the universe into the body, bringing it the energy of life, vitality, health.
"To do its work, blood needs to move everywhere in the body if the body is to stay alive and healthy. Stop it in one part, and disease strikes that part through bloating, and strikes every other part through the dearth of living water. If blood is to do its work, it needs to follow the truth of its own nature, which is sharing. It is in the nature of blood to share vitality with every part of the body. "P.183

Dernière modification par Hwenusu le mars 11, 17 1:23 am, modifié 9 fois.
"PRIE ET TRAVAILLE, TRAVAILLE ET PRIE"
Think Maât, do Maât, live Maât !

Hwenusu
Veteran
Veteran

Message par Hwenusu » mars 11, 17 1:27 am

" "Now think of the traditionalists, and envisage blood not reaching every part of the people as body, but staying blocked in one part alone, be it head, chest, limb or aperture. There you have an image of disease. But that image is also sign of the way we live.

"It is true that we traditionalists are sworn to secrecy, and that in a way that splits a person's mind for the remainder of his life. We are sworn first to know the truth. Then we are sworn to keep it hidden. Imagine the tension of the oath. Observing it, we know we are traitors to our people, to whom we owe our loyalty. If we break it, we must become traitors to the rulers of our people, to whom we used to owe our sustenance. That is the intolerable tension under which we live our lives as traditionalists.

" It is a tension which leads often to unstated fears, unspoken suspicion, even contempt, and that is the danger. Because when a people become contemptuous of the repositories of history, they have taken the last step before contempt for their own narrative, that is to say, contempt for themselves as living process. I say a society that holds its own history in contempt is dead in the heart and sick in the brain. That is where we are now." " P.183

Dernière modification par Hwenusu le mars 11, 17 1:42 am, modifié 5 fois.

Hwenusu
Veteran
Veteran

Message par Hwenusu » mars 11, 17 2:13 am

" "You have heard supposed keepers of knowledge tell you that the traditionalists of Africa have no way of keeping accurate time. Now hear the truth. We count, but we ourselves, tied up by the oath of power, contribute actively to the myth of a society ignorant of counting by keeping our computational methods secret. Go to the inner homes wher traditionalists live. If they let you enter, you will see stones, tapestry, beads. The stones vary in size, from years to decades to centuries. The tapestry has reminders woven into it. the beads have colors answering to the narrative of time. They are much like the stones, but their detail is finer."

" " All the people are allowed to see is the flash of our knowledge on the ceremonial date. Because it reaches them form a background they are prevented from understanding, it arrives as magic. Whatever touches the mind as magic strengthens the infant urge to believe in wonders, to give up the work of explanation and understanding. Hear what I'm saying: foolisness comes to a people through deliberate training, not through luck nature. Needless to say, we traditionalists are trained never to explain to the people that what we know and do is not magic, just knowledge backed with practice."

" The Arabs knew what they wanted from us when they came, but they also knew better than to tell us straight. They said they brought us salvation. The Europeans did the same. They have always known what it is they need to take away from us: our sustenance from land and sea and air, the vitality of our bodies, the consciousness in our spirits. But their song is that they bring us salvation...."

"...Much of our memory was stored in our names: the deeds of our fathers, the character of our mothers, the meaning of our hopes and fears.

"... The time has come, I think, to return to the telling of the truth, our lost narrative, bound to stay lost as long as traditionalists were ready to trade its death for their personal survival, capable of living again provided we learn how to choose a personal death if that is the price for the resurrection of our people's murdered memory.

"Terrible is the fragility of good beginnings. Look at the egg; what strength can you see in it with your physical eye? Yet from that fragility can come great vitality. That is one reason for us not to lose courage simply because our current reality is so fragile in the face of established chaos. ""P. 185

Dernière modification par Hwenusu le mars 11, 17 2:32 am, modifié 4 fois.

Hwenusu
Veteran
Veteran

Message par Hwenusu » mars 11, 17 2:46 am

Make knowledge abundant as air

"- What the traditionalists in this town want is to turn knowledge into the property of everyone, like air.

- Knowledge unshared may start as mystery. It ends by dying out.

- Wrong. The knowledge we protect as Keepers shall not die. We will share it, but not with the many. We shall share it with the few born to command the many to work, just as warriors, will share with us the power to command.

- You're not against sharing, then. Just against the many. ..."

"Knowledge shared is not lost wealth. Knowledge shared is knowledge gained. Knowledge shared with a thousand is knowledge multiplied a thousandfold, probably more.

"To keep our dream of shared knowledge we have had to bury our work as seed. In impotence we watch the gap between rulers as divinities and people as subjects widen.

In vain the sharers remind those still capable of questionning the established order that the waste of a society is enormous wealth at the narrow tip, squandered in spectacular monuments and festivals and passing shows, life reduces to the ostentation of the few in the face of the many impotent. The show goes on, and from every desert in the universe scavengers have come to Kmt, in search of easy prey."

"Women from the nomad tribes, red as desert sand. Some pale, paler than albinos, and just as hepless in the sun. They have not come to Kmt traveling on their own. They have been brought in the train of men of their tribes, gifts to be given to the king. Human gifts: that is what the nomads think their women are"

"A people persuaded their rulers are gods may fight in their defense. But what are they to believe when mere human strangers strike in battle and a divine ruler falls, never to rise again no matter what the lying priests may chant?"

"- We African intellectuals want to share knowledge, but only with the oppressor, not with the oppressed.
- Because no one gets a salary for sharing with the oppressed.
- Even if in the long run such sharing would give everyone enough to make salaries irrelevant?"

Dernière modification par Hwenusu le mars 11, 17 3:32 am, modifié 10 fois.

Hwenusu
Veteran
Veteran

Message par Hwenusu » avr. 28, 18 1:04 am

Two thousands seasons - Ayi Kwei Armah

Page 43 "of the two thousands seasons of destruction what was it the first voice of Anoa said? This :
"Turn from this generosity of fools. The giving that is split from receiving is no generosity but hatred of the giving self, a preparation for the self's destruction. Turn""

"....And then the second voice, the voice of causes:
"There is one cause - all else are branches: you have lost the way. You have forgotten the way of our life, the living way.
.... Reciprocity, that is the way you have forgotten, the giving, the receiving, the living alternation of the way. ... Reciprocity. Not merely taking, not merely offering. Giving, but only to those from whom we receive in equal measure. Receiving, but only from those to whom we give in reciprocal measure. How easy, how jusy, the way. Yet how easily, how utterly you have forgotten it. You have forgotten that justice is not ease. "

"Know this again. The way is not the rule of men. The way is never women ruling men. The way is reciprocity."
Dernière modification par Hwenusu le avr. 28, 18 1:29 am, modifié 5 fois.

Hwenusu
Veteran
Veteran

Message par Hwenusu » mai 05, 18 2:33 am

Ingredients for African restoration according to Ayi Kwei Armah:
- return to the "way", our true "way
- rejection of kingship and its equivalent
- pan-Africanism